Saturday, January 29, 2011

"New" Toys

While at Katie's, Isabelle found this slinky which was quite amusing in her toddler hands.

She also found their fun magnets of farm animals and letters. Katie sent the slinky, a Little Red Riding Hood book, and the farm animal magnets home with us on our latest trip there. All these items have been used often here! I had planned to purchase the farm animal set so that worked out very nicely. The set of letters I picked up at a consignment sale before Isabelle was born and should get them out now with her peeked interest (did just that on actual posted date). Putting the letters into their base starts a little song about the letter, naming it and making the sound or sounds. The base also plays the Alphabet song. Below is the farm animal set in more detail.


The reason this entry has been delayed for so long is that I wanted to shorten the video clips of her playing with the fun magnets. However, I have had no success in that and hope I don't overwhelm you with these videos. Each just has something cute I wanted to share with you.


At the start I think she was asking me if I was ready. She had been running back and forth between pushing the music button to her dance mat without my prompt until she became camera shy. I think she also may have gotten distracted by the dog outside barking. Not sure why she whispered "bye, bye" but still too cute!


Yes, the repetitive pushing the button to hear "pink pig" does get a little annoying at times. Funny how it was so hard to get the base off the dishwasher until she tried the handle. She got distracted again by the neighbor dog and decided to need to give me a hug at the end.


Again with the repetitiveness of "moo". Oh the things we put up with for our child's enjoyment.


Another feature of this toy is the reminder sound when it isn't being played with. At least it is only done once but it usually does get her attention which is sometimes good and sometimes bad. Isabelle does make the "baa" sound but didn't learn it from this toy. Will blog about that later. Notice she also waves. This is one ending I would have shortened.


She hasn't mastered putting the pieces in yet but she'll get there. Wanted to include this clip for the match song and her humming. There's also a song for when there is a mismatch as well as giving fun facts about the animals but I didn't catch those on video. Near the end she surprised me by going around the island.

A big thanks to Katie and family for these toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment