Saturday, March 12, 2011

Celebrating Mommy's Birthday

Wow, so glad I jotted some notes down shortly after my birthday as it is now a month later when I am finally writing this. The weekend birthday celebration didn't get off to a great start as we headed to Aunt Alysha's and realized too late that Isabelle's overnight bag wasn't in the car but on the kitchen table at home. At least we didn't forget Isabelle. Between Target and Walmart we were able to get the necessities. Jon and I dropped Isabelle off at Aunt Alysha's and proceeded on down to Orlando to Medieval Times for dinner and a show.

I had been to it before but this was Jon's first time. We both enjoyed our time out even though our knight was unsuccessful in the tournament. This clip shows our knight fighting the bad guy. You may want to turn your volume down as the crowd really gets into the drama.


Love the sparks flying and how realistic the fight looks. I think my favorite event was the jousting with the splinting wood. Again, turn down the volume.



As I have mentioned in a previous post, we picked out a horse for Isabelle named Prince that has become one of her snuggle animals. I highly recommend attending one of these types of dinner and a show.

We returned that night to Aunt Alysha's with Isabelle already sleeping. The next day we lounged around getting spoiled with a breakfast of pancakes and triple chocolate cake after lunch. As a gift, Alysha sent home a pot of pink tulips that bloomed beautifully through my birthday. I am attempting to save the bulbs in hopes that they will bloom again.

We are so thankful that Alysha is close enough to have fun weekends like this occasionally. Even with the forgotten luggage, my weekend birthday celebration was great.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a great time. I love that stuff. By the way it was loads of fun when we went together with your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok so I started the video and I thought, great this is the first one to play for me. But then I tried to turn down the volume and it went crazy, lol. The picture disappeared and I could still hear everything just as loud. And if that wasn't enough, safari just decided not to respond so I couldn't turn it off. And then finally there was this flash of light and your page reloaded, leading me to leave this second comment.

    ReplyDelete