Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Mommy's Actual Birthday

On my actual birthday we just hung out at home. In the morning, Jon brought Isabelle in the bedroom with cards from each of them. Later that day I got a basket of pretty flowers from Jon that I never took a moment to photograph. That evening while Jon ran some errands, Isabelle and I spent some time outside. With her beach chair and toys, she was spotting planes. Notice that she is wearing Oscar the Grouch socks especially picked out by me that day as she was being pretty grouchy.


We attempted bubbles for the first time. I blew some for her but with the light breeze she wasn't able to play with them. Isabelle was very interested in the wand so I let her at it.


With her spoon skills intact she knew to dip the wand in the bottle. I wisely decided to hang on to the large bottle to keep her from knocking it over.



The wand kept falling back inside the bottle and was not easy to fish back out especially one handed. I have since bought a smaller bottle that we can use the longer wand with and refill the liquid when needed.



I thought perhaps if Isabelle waved the wand she would make her own bubbles and showed her how to do that. Instead she had bubble liquid flying everywhere. Though not on this video, she did make one small bubble this way. Lots more bubble practice to come.

Once the bubble liquid was rinsed off our hands, bucket play resumed. She kept walking off through the bushes, waving goodbye, and going around the corner of the house.



Getting through the last over grown bushes slowed her down as she didn't want the branches to touch her.


Isabelle the explorer also decided to check out the palm tree trunk.

Although my actually birthday had no extravagant events, I had a great day. I especially enjoyed those precious moments with Isabelle.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of Isabelle the Explorer. She has buckets and adventures.

    ReplyDelete